This class is for serious riggers who want to deepen and broaden their understanding of knots. While the Ashley Book of Knots contains over 3,900 knots, we’ll focus on about 50 knots that are most useful in bondage. Whether you’re interested in floor bondage, suspension bondage, or technical rigging in the field, we’ll cover the best knots for every situation you’re ever likely to encounter.
Some of the specific topics we’ll cover include:
- Knot terminology and basic tying techniques.
- How to select, tie, and inspect knots.
- Knots for unusual materials like climbing rope and webbing.
- Knots for suspension bondage and technical rigging.
- Frictions for Japanese-style bondage.
- Slide and grip knots like the taut-line hitch.
- Special purpose knots for gripping on dancing poles, rigging from inaccessible tree branches, fastening bundles, hanging bamboo, and more.
- And yes, of course we’ll learn how to tie the trucker’s hitch (it isn’t as hard as people say).
The class handout is Full Circle Kink’s Big Book of Bondage Knots, which contains step by step instruction for tying every knot we cover in class.
This class is open to everyone 18+. It has no prerequisites but will be most interesting to people with some prior experience with bondage. Please keep the following in mind:
- If you have your own rope, you should bring it with you. If you don’t, we have practice rope that you can use during class.
- No late entry will be allowed due to the safety information at the beginning of this workshop. Doors will be locked at 10 minutes after the start time.
- Water is available. Please bring your own bottle or cup.
This event is presented by the Pan Eros Foundation. Please go to pan-eros.org for more information.
- All sexes, genders, ethnicities, sexual orientations, relationship orientations welcome and celebrated.
- Questions may be directed to: [email protected]
DATES AND TICKETS